Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Another step - Ch 1.8


By the next morning, my mind was reeling with nothing but sexual thoughts. I had a fitful night even though it was full of very pleasurable dreams - starring David. I was introduced to how frustrating it is to have a man that you feel you need lying in your room but still not quite fully available. It's annoying. The first thing I did when my eyes opened to the 4am clock I normally get up to, was step out from my intensely warm blankets and head toward the bathroom. David was still asleep when I passed by and I tried hard to stay quiet enough not to wake him. While turning on the water I attempted to shake the thoughts from my head. Then I did my level best to lower my body temperature in a very long, very cold shower. It helped quite a bit actually. I thought that cold water thing was a myth.

Rosetta blow dried her hair, dried off and got dressed. She checked herself in the mirror and applied her makeup. Her thoughts were pretty much back on track to daily life. She didn't have to work this morning but she was due to give a lesson at the high school about chemistry and she had to get to that pretty soon. When she came out she found David in the living room reading a book. He smiled at her when she came in.

"I thought you'd never come out of that bathroom. I got a call from one of the places I perform for and they want to book me for tomorrow night. They are less than a days drive away, I'm gonna take the job so I'll be leaving shortly. Of course, I wasn't going to leave without saying goodbye though." David gave her the most romantic hug he had ever given her, his fingers laced through her hair and he pulled her close to him. He smelled what had become his most favorite scent, vanilla.

"I really don't want to go, but no one's hiring locally yet so I kind of have to. I have to go to my house first to get some things though." David said. Then he smiled and winked,  "Hey, don't freak out those students today, and don't give them any information on stink bombs. If you do it'll all be on your hands when the school gets pranked."

Rosetta laughed and hugged him again before calling a cab and sitting with him while he waited for it. They went their seperate ways when the car arrived.


Chemistry wasn't one of her favorite topics but she knew enough about it to talk to some students. The dialog didn't take long, but the question and answer time took quite a while. School actually let out at the same time her lecture ended. Rosetta packed up her things while the students filed out. She thought that it went pretty well and hoped that the kids had learned something from her. When she left the school she saw Simon coming up the steps.

"Hey Rosetta. How have you been? Wow, you look great." He said. "Nice to see you."

"You too Simon, it's been a while. How are you?"

"Actually I came here to see you, I heard you were lecturing today so I knew where to find you. I came to see if you wanted go to a movie with me tonight. How about it?"

"Oh. Oh. Actually, I'm going to have to say no, I'm seeing someone right now." She was shocked at his sudden interest in dating her, but smiled at him. "Thanks for thinking of me though, I'm flattered."

"Ah, so Rose is off the market." Simon smiled back, "I hope he treats you well, you're worth it. Hey, how did the lecture go anyway?"

Rosetta talked to him briefly before she said that she had to go. She wanted to get to the bookstore before it closed. She gave him a friendly hug before departing his company.

 
So I went into the bookstore to find a new romance novel. I think it's pretty obvious why I would be looking for that kind of book. I need some kind of outlet, some place to channel my thoughts. Anyway I was also looking for a book called "Game of Thorns". Not a romance but I've heard it was a really great mystery. So now I'll have two new books, one to use as a tool to release pent up thoughts, and one to maybe get my mind OFF those thoughts. I had just checked out and walked out of the door when my cell phone rang. It startled me actually. What surprised me more was that it was David.
 
"David! Hey. I guess you must be on your way to your show right now." Rosetta said.
 
"Actually I'm not. I got all packed and ready, but realized that I am really hungry. So, would you go to dinner with me?"

"Yeah, yes I will. I'm actually in town at the bookstore, so I'll meet you at the diner? Is that okay?"

David agreed to meet her, saying that he would be there within ten minutes. Since Rosetta was only a block away, she walked to the restaurant.

 

The two of them had a great dinner of cheese burgers and fries, both with a side of ranch. The waiter dropped the milkshake they were going to share. He offered to pay for a new one for them, but they told him not to, that they had to get going. David took care of the check and left the tip on the table and the two of them left the building.

"Wow I'm stuffed, that was great though." David said. "Thanks for coming out with me, I was hoping you would."

Rosetta looked at David. "You know, I've been wanting to do something for a while, and actually have stopped myself many times because I thought you might want to wait or something. Well if you do, stop me but I'm not going to wait anymore."

Rosetta leaned forward and pressed her lips to his, finally giving in to that kiss she's been dying to feel. She could feel his surprise, but thankfully after that she felt a response. She was happy he didn't stop her, that he kissed her back.


Once David realized what she was intending he smiled internally, feeling a small release of tension he didn't notice he had been carrying. He had been thinking of ways to make her smile every day, make her feel wanted and make her feel that he's the one who wants her, but he had forgotten the one thing that might do that best. When she pulled away he smiled and put his hands along her jawline, then he pulled her closer and kissed her more deeply.

I'm as giddy as a school girl. He finally kissed me. Grant it I did have to give him a little push, as my best friend had said he might have needed, but that's okay. His lips are so soft, so perfect. We've been dating a few months now, and since that first ice-breaking kiss we've shared many many more. I am happy to admit, to only myself for the time being, that I am totally in love with this man and want to marry him. I would be more than happy to tell him, I just need that right moment.


Velina dropped by the house one afternoon, surprising Rosetta. These two girls had become very good friends through their job and hung out together often outside of the work place. Velina had taken a while to open up, but once she did she was quite likable. She wasn't really as stuck up as Rosetta had originally thought. Rosetta offered to make a light lunch while the two of them visited. She had started making a salad when Velina spoke.

"I came by to talk to you about your bad attitude." Velina said, then she laughed at Rosetta's shocked expression. "Honey, don't try and deny it. You've been quite a grump at work, or I should say you get angered easily. You're so... uh, what's the word I'm looking for... Touchy? On edge, easily irritable?"

Rosetta sighed, "Oh, that. Yeah I know. Really, I'm sorry. I can't help it. I'm not sure what's come over me."

Velina looked at her friend and smiled. "I think I know exactly what's 'come over you'. You're dating my brother in law. That's what it is."


Rosetta looked questioningly at Velina while handing her a plate of salad. The two girls had sat down to eat when she said, "I'm confused. What does that have to do with anything?"

Velina grinned again, then shook her head. "David is old fashioned. Really old fashioned in certain ways. Since I know him, and I know that - I also know he hasn't taken you to bed yet." She watched blush rise to Rosetta's cheeks and embarrassment cross her face. Velina swallowed a bite of her food before continuing, "He won't either, you know. Not until you share some wedding vows. So don't look for it. I'm trying not to blurt this out, but it's coming out that way anyway, sorry about that."

Rosetta tried to say something but nothing came out. She wasn't really sure what to say, but then she chuckled a little. "It all makes sense now. I guess I should have figured that out sooner."

"What I'm saying is - if you are going to continue seeing him - you better find some way to um, 'entertain' yourself  before you become more of a timebomb. At least for myself and your workmates sake!" Velina smiled at Rosetta, "Just trying to help. I know you like him, a lot, and I don't think you'd leave over something so small but I also know from stuff you've told me that you've been active before. I know it's hard to give it up once you've experienced it in full, you know? Which is probably why you've been irritable. So... yeah." She laughed aloud, "Sorry, I'm really not sure what to say past that point."


A few weeks have passed since my conversation with Velina and now that I understood more what David was about, something that I had actually been to afraid to approach, it was easier to handle. At least now I know it's not me. I thought for a bit that maybe he didn't want me in that way, but now I get it. He's actually coming over to my house today and I have a big surprise for him. I hope he says yes.



David came to Rosetta's house as planned and he told her all about his latest tour. He also told her that it would be his last out of town. He found some new places around that need entertainers and he already spoke to them about being in their lineup.

"So I'm really thrilled that I don't have to travel so much! I'll save on gas for sure but more importantly, I'll see you way more often." David was all smiles, he was truly happy that he could finally work in town.

"That is awesome. I'm happy for you. Happy for me too, because we'll see each other more." Rosetta giggled. "It did bug me when you had to leave."

David jumped up and down on the spot for a second then said, "Let me take you out to dinner to celebrate."

Rosetta laughed and told him that she had already cooked dinner and dessert for him, but if he would rather, they could go to the Bistro. "Besides, it's your accomplishment, shouldn't I take you out to dinner?"

"Oh no, no, no. A home cooked meal from you would be so much better anyway. You hungry? Let's get to it."

"Well wait, David, I have a question for you first." Rosetta said hesitantly, grabbing his hand.

The sudden change of mood made David weary. Slightly concerned, he asked, "Sure, okay. Is everything alright?"


Rosetta smiled, "Yes, perfect. I was wondering though," Rosetta paused as she looked down at her feet for a moment. She looked back at him so she could see his reaction, "Would you like to... would you consider moving in with me?"

David blinked. Only a moment passed before a grin broke his face, "Yeah, yeah I would. That would be.. yes, yes I will. I want to." He sputtered out the words so quickly that he barely heard them himself. David knew that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her and this was just another step toward that. He was ready to start that part of his life.

Rosetta smiled wide and wrapped him in a hug. "I love you, David."

He kissed her passionately before looking in her eyes. "I love you too, Rosetta."




To be continued...

4 comments:

  1. *gushes* So sweeeeeet! It's about time, too. I was beginning to think we'd all need cold showers here. xD You know, you had me going there. I thought for a moment she were going to propose to him. This is perfect, though. <3 it! <3 these two together!

    Strange though, I hadn't realised David was old-fashioned, especially since he's as adorably awkward and crazy fun as he is. Still... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! They're moving in together. I love David, yes!!! They're perfect for each other. Rosetta better not hurt my David <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're moving in together, how adorable :) I hope he's old fashioned enough to do the proposal, though that would mess up the last names...you'll figure it out I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy that when they move in together we will have David back in the story full-time :D My recommendation: lots more kissing scenes lol

    ReplyDelete