Monday, November 19, 2012

It's a Date - Ch 1.7


After work one day, my taxi had almost arrived at my place when I told the cabbie to stop and let me out. I had seen David on the side of the road and couldn't pass up the opportunity to talk to him. It took me three times of telling that driver to stop before his deaf self heard me. I guess I was just impatiently excited. I threw some money at the guy and hopped out of the car quicker than a bunny avoiding a fox to meet David.

The last time I saw him was when he stayed at my house. Oh, that night was fabulous. Except when I got sick. That wasn't so great. I'm thinking it was some bad meat or something in my stew surprise. I did get worried enough to take a test, man was I relieved when that stick said 'not pregnant'! I have no clue what I would have done in that situation.

"Hey Rose!" David said happily. "Hey, you know... We made a date once a while back that we haven't fulfilled yet! I was just there but I can always go back." Rose looked at him with confusion. "The graveyard silly, I told you once that I'd take you fishing in the graveyard. Come on lets go now. You're not busy are you?"

Rose laughed. "Oh yes, yes, I remember now. We did agree on that didn't we? Well might as well, we're right here, no I'm not busy at all."

"I'll race you!" David said immediately taking off at a dead run toward the cemetery.


Rosetta and David entered the gates and walked to the mausoleum. David offered his hand and said, "Shall I give you a tour Madame?" In his best french accent.

She nodded and took his hand. The two walked in together to take a look around. While they were in there David showed her around looking at random things. There were gems in there and of course Urns and coffins. Spider webs and spiders galore and even a bat or two. The bats actually dropped down off of the ceiling and made Rosetta jump. David chuckled at her just a little before giving her a reassuring squeeze of his hand which did make her feel better. After that though, he started to take her to the exit.

"Wow. That was... something." Rosetta said when they left. "Did you see all those mice!? I don't like mice much. Well, I'm okay with them as long as they don't come near me. That was fun though." She smiled at David.

"Yeah, I go in there pretty often. Even so, being in there so much, there are still things that make me jump." He winked at her and smiled, "You ready to go fishing now? I know you know how. There's some cool fish in that pond back there." He gestured with his thumb to the area behind the mausoleum, "Especially after dark."

"Yes I am. I guess some abnormal fish come out after dark then." Rosetta laughed as she walked by his side.


The two of them pulled out some fishing poles and cast their lines into the water. They talked, but only a little so as not to scare any fish away. Standing there, changing bait every 10 minutes or so and casting back in, they didn't even get one bite. David was disappointed in the severe lack of interesting fish, but still was highly enjoying himself.

"You know, this stinks. I think I must have cleaned it out already." David admitted. Then he laughed, "Well I guess I'll have to give the ones left some time to make more, yeah?"

Rosetta giggled as she pulled her fishing line back so she could put her pole away. "Ah, no big deal I'm sure this isn't the last time we'll come."

David came up to her and put his hands on hers. "I hope not."

Standing there with him was so enjoyable. I never thought having a date in a graveyard could be so special to me, romantic even. I was having so much fun, and didn't want to leave at all. All good things must come to and end though right? Yeah. Work sucks. I thought for a second about staying with him and calling out the next day, but I really need the money. I've had quite a few things done to my house and had a very large bill racked up to pay.

Rosetta sighed, looking at David adoringly yet sorrowfully. "Well I really hate to go, but I do have work in the morning and it's gotten pretty late." She stepped a little closer to him, "Can I call you tomorrow?"

"I would hate it if you didn't." David said to her. He reache up and tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. "In the morning I'll be leaving on a tour for a few days - possibly a week. I'll have my cell of course though, so you can call anytime."

Rosetta nodded and smiled. The two embraced in a warm hug, squeezing tight before bidding each other goodnight.


A few days later, on her next day off, Rosetta went to see her best friend. Sonia was happy to see her and even more thrilled to hear that Rosetta and David had had their first 'date'.

"Sonia I want so much to kiss him, or something like that. You just don't know. I just wanted to take this a little differently though. Almost all of my previous relationships I've been the one to make the first real move, you know? Except for... well I don't wanna talk about him. That wasn't even a relationship." She scoffed, "Anyway, all those previous relationships didn't last. I don't want to mess this up, so I'm going to wait for him to do it."

Sonia considered what her friend said. "Well it's always good to take it slow, but sometimes guys need just a little push. Maybe he's afraid you aren't ready or something."

"I am pretty sure he knows I'm interested in him. I don't think even the blindest bat could miss that. Honestly I think he has more patience then me though."

The only thing I didn't tell Sonia about was my more private urges. Oh man. The longest I had been without any physical activities, was when i moved here. I had basically gotten over that when Nicholas came barging into my house, not complaining, but he woke those sensations up. Now, with David being so amazing and emotionally fulfilling I'm feeling those urges and I just don't know how to lock them up again! I want him, I want to know him physically as well as intellectually I'm not sure how long I can keep up the 'waiting for him to move first' thing. It's getting frustrating.


Six days after David went on his tour he called Rosetta and told her that he was on his way back home. Rosetta was very happy to get his call, and also happy to realize that she was the first thing on his mind when he was off work. Only a few hours after the phone call, Rosetta was out getting a few groceries. She had finished her shopping and had just hailed a cab when she spotted David running down the other side of the street. He saw her at the same time and stopped.

"Hey, I figured you wouldn't be home for another couple of hours. It's great to see you." She said after crossing the street to meet him. The two shared a hug. Rosetta felt his strong hands on her back and reveled in the affection and safety that she felt.

David pulled her tight to him and breathed in her scent. She always smelt so good to him, reminding him of vanilla. The evening air had a slight chill, and her body felt warm against his. He could have held that hug for an hour if she'd let him, but he let her go.

"Hey, I was wondering, would you come to a movie with me tonight?" Rosetta asked David.

David smiled at her. "Of course I would. As long as you don't mind me crunching on some nachos. They're my favorite movie snack!"

Laughing with David, Rosetta agreed. "My favorite happen to be those Buncha Crunch things, I just love them."

"I'll have to remember that."

Since the theater wasn't that far, Rosetta and David walked down the street side by side, just enjoying each others presence. After the movie, they went to dinner and David drove Rosetta home.


During the drive, David was sure to point out the moon coming up over the horizon. He was always a big fan of full moon nights. They always filled him with a vigor he couldn't find anywhere else. Sharing a night such as this with Rosetta made it even better than usual.

"Look at that! It's so beautiful!" Rosetta exclaimed. "I don't think I've ever paid attention before. That's so amazing." Her eyes were fixed on the moon until the car stopped.

"Would you like to sit out here and look at it for a while with me?" David asked, "I do it often and enjoy it a lot, you will too."

Rosetta was pulled along by him, but went willingly. Both of them sat in the grass.

David spoke up after they got comfortable, "So long as you don't mind the freaks and creepy creatures that come out on these nights you'll be fine."

Rosetta looked at him, "You're joking right? Do you believe that stuff?"

"Hey, I'm one of those freaks." David winked and smiled wide, "Maybe only on the light side of course, just a little nutty. Nothing compared to a werewolf or zombie or anything!"

Rosetta didn't say that she didn't believe in werewolves and witches and things, because she really didn't have an opinion on them - she had never seen any though. She smiled, and just a bit sarcastically replied, "Well you're really scaring me, what am I do to? How am I to sleep?"

David smiled and scooted a little closer, "Don't worry. I'll protect you my lady, I'll stay here all night if you want."



He did just that too. He did actually get me a little nervous to be on my own. I had heard tales of zombies or werewolves around this town coming out on certain nights, plenty of them. Of course, I'm a firm believer in proof and, having none, it's hard for me to think such things exist. After all I'm a science nerd, I like hard facts. I can't help that. Oh, but with him saying these things, he makes me want to believe them. He makes me want to need him. Need him here with me to protect me.

We played Dominoes that night. I feel like that's '
our' game. Something we share. We talked well into the night. He told me stories that he had heard about the random creatures on full moon nights, spooky stories and also just tales of his tours to other places. By the end of the night, we pulled out his sleeping bag and I put it in my bedroom next to my bed just so he could be closer to me. He didn't actually want to sleep in the bed, or I would have let him do that. When he said goodnight to me he put his hands on my hips and he felt so good. I ran my fingers through his hair and wanted to kiss him so bad, but I didn't. I'm sticking to my guns on this one. I think.

What another great night. This man I spend these wonderful nights with has stolen my heart right from my chest.



To be continued...

 
Revisions to the house!! 
 
Outside view
The Den, tv section
The Den, dominoes section
The dining/kitchen (stolen stove)
The living room
The entryway
Floor layout- front door to the left.

4 comments:

  1. I <3 it.
    So happy she wasn't pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was sure this update would reveal she was pregnant! Good thing I guess, but she'd better be a whole lot more careful next time! lol Love all the photos, especially the outdoor nighttime photos on the road and at her house. They're getting closer and closer :D. Her house is really coming around !

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's..killing..me! One of these two needs to kiss the other before I burst. xD!!! What's to wait for? Hopefully, they're not both thinking the same way about who should 'make a move' first. David's so peculiar, though..can't help but adore him, never could.

    And bless it, it WAS the Stu Surprise! Great update..but the two of them, gah! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, thank goodness she sin't pregnant after all that! I'm so thrilled at how her relationship with David is turning out, and we're obviously making progress since he's sleeping in the same room now ;) I completely understand the feeling of wanting him to make the first move but having to wait impatiently for him to do it. I'm sure it's just him being a gentleman. Now I must go forth and read the next chapter! <3

    ReplyDelete