Thursday, June 16, 2011

G III: Chapter 24

 








Daphne found she was so comfortable in her new home that she retired from her job. She was ready to relax and enjoy the rest of her being. Maybe she would have extra time to meet people around the neighborhood, and introduce her children to their peers. She wants grand children, at least one, before she passes on.

 






Dylan, Brian and Johanna stood in the entry room talking about the new house. Though Johanna did most of the talking.

"You guys liking this place? I'm not quite so sure just yet. Dylan, I have a feeling your planning to move soon. Will you be staying here with the family?"

Dylan chanced a small glance at Brian. "I haven't decided anything yet Jo-Jo."

"Oh okay well, cool. Don't leave us hanging. I think Mother Daphne knows your leaving too. I think that us moving has something to do with her trying to convince you to stay. Not like I know how that's gonna work."

Brian looked at Johanna. "You sound like your rambling."

"Oh, that reminds me!" She leaned close to Brian, "Did you know that we are the only rich people in this town? Everyone seems to 'live off the land' or whatever."

The three of them laughed.


 







Being Saturday, the family planned on spinning time with each other. Everyone went to the park for the day.

Daphne and James spent most of the time talking to each other, learning things about the other that they didn't know before.

Johanna watched Brian and Dylan play chess for a while, but that got boring quickly. She wasn't really a chess kind of person. Fishing though, fishing could capture her attention for a while. Of course this river was new to her, she wasn't sure what she'd catch here. She didn't really think she would catch a box though. She found a beautiful turquoise gemstone in that little box. Maybe this was a a sign of things to come in this town - surprises.


After the park, when everyone was kind of sick of the sun - James and Daphne went to the local Bistro for lunch, Dylan went home to practice his Martial Arts, Johanna found a new fishing spot, and Brian went on job.

 






Brian met the client that called at her house.

"What can I do for you Ma'am?" He asked, very professionally.

She blushed a little. "Please call me Rachel. Now, for the business part of our meeting, I need you to check on someone for me." She paused and tried to judge Brian's expression. "I know, that sounds weird, but originally I moved here to get away from my ex-husband. For some reason a month later, he shows up here too."

"You think he followed you? Is he dangerous?" Brian asked, slightly concerned for her now. "Shouldn't you have called the cops, instead of a PI?"

"No no, I don't think he's dangerous or I would have. I just need to know if he followed me, or just moved her by coincidence."

"Okay, I got it. No problem, I should be able to find that out for you." Brian told her. "I'll be back with you soon Mrs Clark."




She gave him the address where she suspected her ex lives. Luckily the man was not home at the time. Brian had plenty of time and opportunity to rummage through the garbage can and mailbox. He found a few envelopes in the trash addressed to Mr. and Mrs. Rollie, also some in the mailbox. That means the guy carried over the names with the move. Did he still hope they would get back together?

Brian called information and got the number for the gentleman, then he called him. Brian wanted to speak with him in person to get this cleared up.

Oddly, the guy was at the Fuller Family Cemetery.

"Sir, my name is Brian, I have a few question to ask you about your wife Rachel."

The man shook Brian's hand. "Nice to meet you Brian, I'm Mr. Rollie. Um, Rachel isn't my wife, she's my ex. Leslie Rollie is my wife. We were married about a month and a half ago."

"Oh okay, well my apologies sir. If you don't mind my asking, what brings a newlywed couple out to a small town like Riverview?"

"My wife's family lives here. I have to go now, work. So it was good to meet you, did I answered your questions?" Asked Mr. Rollie.

"Yes sir, yes you did. Thank you. Thank you very much." Case closed.

 



Brian went back to report his findings to Rachel.

"Well Mrs. Clark, I have some good news for you." Brian started.

"Please, Brian," Rachel flashed a smile. "Call me Rachel."

Brian stuttered for just a moment, man she was beautiful. "Uh, yeah. um. Okay, well Rachel, I found out that your husband is remarried. He moved here with his new wife because her family is here."

Rachel was happy to hear that. She thanked Brian and paid him his wages. She started to turn around but paused and turned back.

"You know, um, do you want to come in for a while?" She asked. "I'm kind of bored, and I would enjoy the company."

"Sure, yeah. I can do that." Brian said.


Brian went in and sat with Rachel to watch TV. He had many thoughts running through his head. The loudest was 'Close the gap on this couch between the two of you!' it was like a shouting voice in his head that he couldn't quiet. The second was 'She was a client, you can't date a client.' The third voice was trying to remember who made up these silly rules anyway?

At home Dylan was practicing on the guitar. He had become quiet a virtuoso since his birthday and he also loved to play on the piano. He had found another thing he enjoyed as much as the practice of his Martial Arts.

Johanna was studying up on cooking, recipes for fish in particular. Since she had been fishing the refrigerator was getting full of uncooked seafood. Someone needed to take care of that.


3 comments:

  1. "The third voice was trying to remember who made up these silly rules anyway?" ROFL!

    Great update :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suave Brain . . . she is a cutie. Hope he has good luck with her. Johanna has a cute personality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see everyone is adjusting nicely to the new place. Johanna seems to be maturing more and Brian has his hands full with his heart & morals. :)

    ReplyDelete