Friday, February 25, 2011

GEN III: Chapter 3








Hayden and Isabel woke up to a quiet house. They assumed that Charlie was at work, and James was in his room since he didn't have to work today. After having some breakfast together, the both of them went upstairs to watch a little TV.

They turned to the cooking channel, but the show was soon interrupted by a news announcement.

"It has been reported that a person by the name of Aaron Quart is missing. He was last seen in Twinbrook Central Park at about 2pm yesterday. If you have any news, or information regarding this gentleman, please come to the local police office."

Hayden glanced at Isabel, "Well that's a little strange, I wonder if this is connected with what I heard the other day on the news..." Hayden proceeded to tell Isabel about the incident by the bookstore. She looked as equally shocked as he was.

"I hope this man is okay." Isabel stated. The cooking show came back on but neither really paid attention. Isabel cuddled up to Hayden, and he held her tight. After a while they went downstairs, looking for James. It was odd for him not to be around when he was home.
























They found him downstairs just finishing up his breakfast. James had been in the garden for a few hours, watering the plants. When his parents walked in he said, "I was just coming to see you. I have something to tell you."

Hayden and Isabel exchanged an odd look.

"I figured it's now or never really. I want to move out, you know with Daphne hanging around so much, I'm sure their relationship is bound to go farther. They will need some space for their growing family." James looked at his mother. "Don't worry I won't be that far away, and I'll visit when I can. Though as you know, with my most recent promotion, my hours are always open and I could be called in at any time."

Hayden accepted a hug from his son, and gave him his best wishes. James smiled at Isabel and told her not to worry about him, it wasn't goodbye forever after all. He gave her a hug and watched his father salute him in farewell. Then he picked up the phone and called a taxi.


*James's new house*

Just then Charlie walked in, already out of his work clothes. Charlie looked at Hayden and asked where his brother was headed. Hayden told Charlie that James was moving out. Charlie looked a little taken aback, "He didn't even say goodbye to me? Wow, I understand Cedric doing that but James? We had a great relationship."

Hayden nodded, "Maybe he wanted to avoid a possibly sad event."

Charlie agreed with Hayden. "Well I have some news of my own, where's mom?"















Isabel walked up behind Hayden, drying her eyes. "I'm here, what's up? Your not leaving too are you? I was hoping at least ONE of you would stay and keep this house!" She started to cry again, but Charlie interrupted.

"No, no of course not. I'm not leaving... well if that's okay anyway. It's better news than that." Charlie smiled. "I asked Daphne to marry me last night, and she said yes!"

Hayden cheered for his son, and Isabel threw a huge hug onto him.


"I figured you'd like that. You guys seem to get along with her pretty well, and I know she likes you." Charlie said.

Hayden congratulated Charlie again, then excused himself. Isabel stayed to talk to Charlie a little longer.









"You know Charlie, since James just moved out we have a lot of extra room here now. Since you are planning to marry her, why don't you ask her to move in with you first. That way, you get to know each other in and out before you tie the knot." Isabel happily suggested.

"Mom! That is a great idea. I'll call her right away."

Isabel smiled at Charlie and urged him on. Of course, she was going to do everything she could to help this relationship along, not just for her son but for her as well. She wanted a grandchild, a girl. Isabel wanted a little baby to hold and spoil before her days here were up. Charlie was the closest to giving her one.

"Daphne, it's me. Could you come over for a minute? I'm sorry if I'm interrupting anything, just it is kind of important." Charlie spoke into the phone.

Isabel heard some mumbling from the receiver and Charlie said thank you, then hung up.

"She'll be here in a minute." Charlie said with a smile. He gave his mother another hug and went outside to greet Daphne.


Charlie was waiting anxiously on the porch when Daphne arrived. She looked slightly worried, and came up to him quickly. "What is it Charlie, is everything okay?" She asked.

"Oh yes, more than okay. Hopefully. Anyway, My mother and I, and Hayden too, well... " He started to get flustered. Why? "We, me in particular, want to know if you would move in? Actually we have plenty of room, and James just moved out, so ..." He wasn't sure what else to say.


Daphne smiled. "Charlie of course. If I'm going to marry you, I'd better see how you are on a daily basis. Not like I don't already have a good idea. Yes I will."
Charlie wrapped her in his arms and whispered "Thank you." in her ear. Then he heard her stomach growling.

Daphne giggled, "I was just about to get something to eat when you called." She admitted.

Charlie smiled at her and brought her into her new home to have dinner. When they came in, they realized that Isabel had cooked something while they were talking.



Dinner was great. Maybe even better than normal because of the great mood everyone was in. After they had finished eating, Charlie stood and stretched. Isabel and Hayden said goodnight and went up to their own room to give Charlie and Daphne some privacy.

When she finished her last bite, Charlie grabbed her hand and pulled her into her goodnight kiss. Charlie was so happy to have her here. Now she would be there everyday when he got home, and every night for him to hold.

Daphne was just as happy as Charlie. She was glad that she could see him whenever she wanted now, everyday. Though they hadn't breached the topic of her getting a job. Would he want her to? It had always been a dream of hers to work as a ghost hunter. She hoped he wouldn't mind.

The two of them walked up to Charlie's - now Charlie and Daphne's - room and watched each other fall asleep. It had been such a busy week, they didn't take long to fall asleep. What would happen tomorrow?

5 comments:

  1. Wow, James' house looks like it's going to be really nice :D I'm wondering what these murders about--hope Cedric is not mixed up in them. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I think so too. Its a Loft, very cute from looking in the windows. That house is right across the street from our Founder's first house :D Made me smile lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new house too. So sweet of Charlie not to want to leave his momma and it is good Daphne is so accepting of living with the in-laws.

    *on a personal and totally unrelated note. I got a new hard drive. Called my computer geek friend to come and clone from the old to the new- he said oh that's easy, no need to back anything up!! Once the clone took place neither hard drive would load . . . LOST EVERYTHING AGAIN! I am bout ready to give up on Legacy! *tear*

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I'd be really upset... oh my oh my I'm sorry to hear that :( Well I hope you do not give up, but I understand those problems. Did you have anything backed up already?

    I still can't get into Castaways to update Citryne and just that is killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering what was happening there. Been waiting to see my favorite monkey again!

    ReplyDelete