Friday, February 25, 2011

GEN III: Chapter 2: Part 2


As soon as Charlie finished his meal he excused himself from the table and waited just a couple minutes in the garden. He had to give Daphne some time to finish her dinner as well. Charlie called her from the garden to come see him.



"I just realized that I never got the chance to show you our garden. This is something that actually 'runs in the family'. My grandmother planted some of these plants actually, James takes care of it for the most part. I know gardening interests you though, so I thought you would enjoy it." Charlie told Daphne. The smile she gave him made his heart warm, and he knew that he was right.

"Charlie it's beautiful! I hope to have a garden like this one day. Only," Daphne glanced around, "I'd probably add a fountain somewhere. The sound of water is always soothing, especially in a great garden like this." She hugged Charlie and thanked him for showing her.

"These veggies are awesome too, I guess the plants are well treated because, well look at this." Charlie bent to pick one of the onions from the plant next to him. Daphne looked up at the lime tree above them and admired the fruits. She couldn't take her eyes off of any of it. When she did look down at Charlie, she was shocked.



He wasn't holding an onion for her to look at, but he held a small black box. Before she could even comprehend what was going on, Charlie popped the box open and said exposed the beautiful ring inside.

"Daphne, having you around has made my life better than ever. I never want to let you go, and I hope you feel the same. Will you marry me?"

Daphne was still in shock, but she found her voice long enough to say, "Yes, yes, yes. Charlie, I do.. and I will. Yes!



Charlie smiled, a feeling of relief swept over him. He had worried about what she would say. He would never have asked if he wasn't pretty sure, but there is always a sliver of doubt with such a big question.

Daphne had tears in her eyes, but she held them back. She had never been happier in her life. She gazed at the ring Charlie placed on her finger. Then she threw her arms around Charlie, nearly knocking him over. She hugged him and smothered him with kisses. After a minute, those kisses turned into something else, a little more urgent. She wanted him then and he could tell. He started to walk inside and she followed willingly.



Daphne and Charlie made love to each other then, and even though they had done this before, the emotion involved this night made it even more special.

Lying in each others arms Daphne looked so excited, but also had a hint of regret in her eyes. "Charlie listen, you have to work in the morning. I know you do so don't lie," she said that with a smile and punctuated with a small kiss on his lips. "And I can not wait to tell a few people that I'm going to spend my life with you. So," Daphne climbed out of the bed, "so you can be on time to work - for once - I'm going to go to my house for tonight. I know if I stay, you'll never get to sleep." She apologized for leaving, but she was just to excited and anxious to stay, she knew she wasn't going to sleep tonight, but he didn't have to suffer on her account.

The smile she gave him was so warm and innocent that Charlie couldn't deny her. He knew she was right anyway, so he let her go.




He stood up to hug her goodbye, and give her one of his dazzling kisses. Daphne almost changed her mind and tackled him back into bed right then, but she held herself composed and said goodbye.

She ran out of the room almost shouting, "I can't wait to tell my friends!"

Charlie laughed and went up to his room for the night. He wasn't going to have the best nights sleep ever, but at least he was going to sleep pretty early. He wouldn't be late tomorrow, thank goodness. Charlie had been late so many times already he feared being fired, or a least a demotion.

Charlie was up a couple hours before work. He had plenty of time to take a soothing shower, and shave. Breakfast though only consisted of a box of juice. He still had butterflies in his stomach and didn't think he could handle much else. Unfortunately, when he deposited his juice box into the garbage compactor, it broke. Hayden normally fixed everything, but he was still in bed. Charlie attempted to fix it himself, but failed to do so before his carpool arrived. So he wrote a quick note and put it on the counter for his father to fix it. He walked out to his ride, and with nothing really on his mind but the fact that Daphne said yes, he went to work.

4 comments:

  1. Awwww, that was a great proposal. So excited for Charlie and Daphne. Hehehehe, Hayden to the rescue again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Fantastic! :) I'm a little relieved too because every once in a while she seemed to back off from him or leave when it wasn't clear why. I was afraid there was something she wasn't telling him. They are so cute together and are so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you gals liked the proposal, and are happy about it lol
    Lorelei, you know not to let your guard down, she MAY still have something she isn't telling him ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this chapter! <3 so cute!

    ReplyDelete