Tuesday, February 15, 2011

GEN II: Chapter 27: Part 1

**Writers note: Wow, it has been about 11 days since the last update. Life has kept me pretty busy, sorry for the delay!! I hope you enjoy what's happening in the story, I like to hear your opinions. This is kind of a long post so get ready : without further ado, lets get to the next chapter shall we?**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~











After the robbery, since it was almost time to get up, everyone in the household just stayed awake and hit the fridge for some leftover dinner. With James and Charlie off to work early and Cedric doing his own thing, Hayden and Isabel had plenty of time to spend with each other. Since her birthday, Isabel had become quite wrapped up in the soap operas on TV. Today, Hayden decided to join her and suffer through some drama just to sit with her for a while. Unfortunately for Isabel, just as the show was getting good and into a wedding, she heard Cedric call her from the sitting room.


Isabel went to see what all the fuss was about.

"Mom, uh, do you have a minute? It's kind of important." Cedric asked.

"Of course Ced, what's happening?" Isabel replied, curious now.










Cedric hesitated, and actually looked like he was about to change his mind about the conversation when he suddenly said, "Well I'll just get right to the point. I have a job as a bagman. Actually it's my first night on the job tonight. Anyway, it doesn't pay much right now. But it will." He didn't mention any specifics about the actual career track, and just gave her his position title. Maybe she wouldn't worry so much if she thought he was bagging groceries, not other things. "I was also thinkin', I'm a grown man now. Okay well most of the time anyway. I'm going to go ahead and move out."

Isabel looked shocked. "What, already? Well, I can't say that I wasn't expecting this, but Ced honey, are you sure your ready?" Isabel knew well that he was not the most responsible person in the world. It was his choice though, she also knew that he was the type that went after what they sought. If he had made up his mind nothing would change it, he got that from her.

Cedric sensed his mothers worry and tried to comfort her as best as he could. "I'm sure. I'll be fine. Actually I've found a small house already. Like I said though, tonight being my first night at work, I haven't gotten paid anything yet. Could I borrow some money? Just for the move, and first weeks rent. I'll pay you back as soon as I can, I promise."

"Of course you can. Anything you need." Isabel told him. She took a deep breath and let out a sigh full of mixed emotions. On one hand she was really happy for her son, finding a job and house all on his own. But on the other, one of her three babies was moving out. How different would it be without him?



Cedric told Isabel that he was going now, while his brothers were at work. He didn't want long goodbyes, and he didn't want his brothers making fun of him. He was sure they would.

"Would you tell them I'll call later?" He asked.

She responded with a warm smile, "Yes, I will. Though I'm sure they will be a little upset that you left while they were gone."

Cedric hugged his mother goodbye and kissed her cheek. Isabel tried hard not to let the tears in her eyes escape. She still didn't believe that her youngest was leaving the nest first. Though they were only minutes apart, Cedric was still the last born, therefore her youngest.

Cedric walked away a few steps to call his taxi which would take him to his new home.





*Cedric's new place*










That afternoon, when Charlie got off work, he walked down to the restaurant. Being as famous as he was, Charlie had an agent. His agent had suggested to him that Charlie eat at the famous Bistro in town and give it good ratings. Charlie wasn't going to originally, but then he thought about asking Sybil to come with him. A girl can't refuse a great dinner right?

Charlie walked to the restaurant and called Sybil.

"Hello?" She answered rather quickly.

"Sybil, it's Charlie. I'm at the Bistro in town and wondering if you want to come to an early dinner with me?" Charlie said. "We can meet at the park if you aren't ready to eat yet."

"The park? Now? Dinner at the Bistro? Uh gee Charlie, I can't make it. I'm pretty busy." Sybil replied. "I have to go now, I'll call you later." She hung up.

Charlie stood there kind of amazed that she blew him off again. He decided to go to the park anyway, instead of going home.



As he was looking at the fountain, thinking about Sybil and what she was hiding, Daphne approached him.

"Nice to see you stranger. I saw you on the phone over there," she pointed at the restaurant, "are you meeting someone?"

Charlie was surprised to see her, yet pleased. He couldn't hide his pleasure either. He smiled at Daphne, who smiled back. "Actually I was calling your sister for a date, but she turned me down."

"Well that was silly of her. I can't think of any reason to not spend time with you." Daphne said, subtly flirting with him.

He didn't miss the small flirt, and his body responded to it whether he liked it or not. "Well, she has other things to do I guess. Would you like to go with me? And don't even think about paying, I would never let a girl pay for herself if I asked her to come."

Daphne smiled, "I'd love to go Charlie, thank you." She liked that he was old-fashioned like that. Most guys she had met would rather the girl pay for herself, especially if she bought a drink.




Charlie and Daphne had a wonderful dinner together. He ordered a bottle of wine for them to share with their meal. Afterward they stood in front of the restaurant to talk for a minute before going home.

"Thanks for joining me Daphne, it was a pleasure. By the way, you look great today." Charlie said. He felt a little more confident in her presence. He had become more used to her around, it seemed she was there whenever he was seeking the company of her sister though.

"Thanks Charlie, I had a great time. Thank you for a fabulous dinner! Maybe we could do it again sometime, you know if your ever looking for good company." Daphne suggested. "Sybil was crazy not to come, your wonderful to be around."

Daphne stepped a little closer to Charlie, and before he knew what he was doing he wrapped his arms around her in a very warm embrace. A little warmer than he meant it to be actually, but it felt so good to him, he didn't let go. "I'm glad you came." He whispered in her ear.
Charlie felt her shiver slightly and caught a glimpse of some small goosebumps on her neck as he pulled away from her.

"Sure Charlie, well I'll see you around." Daphne said, her cheeks were slightly flushed and the breaths she took were shallow. She turned and left while Charlie watched her go.

As Charlie drove home his mind wandered. It seemed that fate was always putting Daphne with him when he wanted a date. He thought about Sybil, and what she wanted. He knew he wanted to get to know her more, definitely. Now though, he seemed to think of Daphne more than her sister. Charlie pulled up to the house before he had come to any kind of conclusion.











When he walked in, he met his mother right there at the door.

"Hey sweetie, where ya been?" Isabel asked.

"Actually mom, uh... can I ask you a question?" Charlie inquired.

Isabel started to worry. Was Charlie going to leave too? She wasn't ready for another one of her children to move. A little hesitantly she replied, "Yes Charlie, what is it?"

"Okay I have a situation with girls." He said. He noticed Isabel let out the breath she had been holding, and she looked slightly relieved. He wondered why briefly before he continued. Gesturing to his left he said, "Okay on one hand there is Sybil, you met her, she is charming and I really like her. Every time I ask her out though, she says no. She gave all the signals to want to, forgive the term, 'go out' with me but now she is always busy." He paused to take a breath, then gestured to his right, "Then, on the other hand, there is Daphne, Sybil's sister. Daphne always seems to be there when her sister is not. She is a great woman, and a joy to be around. Not to mention beautiful. She doesn't turn me down either, she actively seeks my attention it seems."

He paused again, this time Isabel figured he was looking for her to say something now. "Well Charlie, if your asking which girl would be your better choice, I can't answer that." Isabel saw Charlies shoulders slump but continued on, "That is just not a decision I can make for you dear, I'm not going to be the one dating her."

Charlie nodded and said "I know you can't, I was just hoping for some advice. Now I know why I stayed away from girls in high school. They are so complicated."

Isabel chuckled at her son, "I'm sorry things are difficult for you. They will become clear before you know it. I can't say that I have ever had the same problem, I knew as soon as I met your father that he was for me. He seemed to feel the same way."

Charlie thanked his mother and started to walk away when Isabel said "Charlie. Look, sometimes you have stop searching for what you can't find, and see what's in front of you."

Charlie smiled and hugged his mother. "Thanks mom. I knew you'd say something inspiring."



As Charlie walked up the stairs Isabel said "By the way your brother moved out while you were at work. I already told James."

"Really?" Charlie said, he was shocked. "Wow, well good for him. I knew he had gotten a job, I'm assuming he told you about it. I guess he really got the 'grown up' bug huh?" He laughed as he continued up the stairs.




Isabel stood there for a moment, then out of the blue she decided to retire. She wanted to reach the top of her career before doing this, but she was old now and no one wants to see an old rocker. So she made the call to her boss to retire that day. Hayden overheard her on the phone and rushed to her side cheering for her. After she was off the phone he congratulated her and hugged her.

"I'm not too far behind you actually. Though I don't think I'm that far from a promotion, so I'm going to wait a while." Hayden told his wife.












The next day, James and Charlie decided to visit their uncle Chase. They hadn't seen him since Kenya's funeral and wanted to see how he was doing. Chase welcomed them in and they stood in the living room to talk for a while.

"Sorry I haven't visited boys, I just never feel like leaving the house anymore. Though it seems so empty without her here." Chase told them.

James and Charlie said they understood, and were just coming by to check on him and hang out for a while. Chase made them lunch and played chess with them. As the boys said goodbye and walked out, Chase watched them go with an odd look on his face. He had been very happy to see them, and then felt bad that he hadn't visited more often. He had become quite a recluse since his wifes death. He told himself then that he would go out tonight and over to their house tomorrow to visit Hayden.


As Charlie walked out of his uncles house he thought about the way Chase lived. He was so alone. Charlie didn't want to be that way.

He decided that he wasn't going home. He was going over to Sybil's house to see what was up with her. Charlie just couldn't get her out of his mind. He knew where she lived, when your famous you just know things. He was going to see what was going on....

3 comments:

  1. "If she thought he bagged groceries" ha ha! Cedric is always interesting. Well, I'm getting fonder of Daphne and unless Sybil has some good reason that we don't know of yet for her behavior, I'm pulling for Daphne :D She's a cutie. Loved Charlie's convo with his mother, too. Can't wait for the next part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking Sybil knows that Daphne has a crush on Charlie, turns him down but tells her sister where to accidentally "bump" into him, huh, huh, huh . . . am I right??!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will say that Sybil does have a secret :D It will be revealed soon, do not fret lol

    ReplyDelete