Tuesday, July 5, 2011

G III: Chapter 28


The next morning Johanna woke up on the wrong side of the bed. It didn't help that when she tried to change her outfit her drawer got stuck. She pulled hard and when it finally released she busted her butt. She let out a groan of defeat as she stood up. Then the mood swing hit and she felt very aggressive, angry even.

Before she even had breakfast she was trying to work out that anger. The training dummy did help a lot with the aggression, but not the rebelliousness she was also feeling. She felt like getting someone, with something. Anything. Then she had an idea.



Brian and Daphne sat down to their favorite meal. Pancakes.

"Are you going to see Rachel today?" Daphne asked.

"MOM!"

"Well, I was just wondering!" Daphne laughed.

"I wasn't planning on it. I don't really know what I'm doing today."

Johanna was in the guest bathroom rigging the sink. The next helpless victim to wash their hands here would get a big surprise. She chuckled a maniacal chuckle. "It'll probably be dad, he uses this bathroom a lot." Then she had another idea, the upstairs computer. I'll get someone with that too. She ran up there and set it to do what it needed to. Then she waited. Someone was always on this computer. Everyday each family member checked their email. So she waited.


Before long she heard Dylan coming up the stairs. 'Haha! He's gonna do it!' she thought. She pulled out her homework and started to walk away as nonchalantly as she could.


Dylan turned on the computer and brought up the email screen, but before he could click another button a horrid face came on the screen and let out a gurgly growl. It made Dylan jump.


There was no denying it, he knew Johanna had done that.

"What are you doing! That's rude, and you shouldn't be pranking people like that. Now I can't ground you because I'm not your father, but I'm you brother and I can suggest you help clean up this house to get on my good side! I'm mad at you."

"Oh c'mon man, if I can't prank my own brother without getting yelled at, who can I prank?" She sighed, "Ooo Instead of cleaning, how about we duke it out? C'mon bro, lets spar!"

Dylan's stern expression faltered, then he grinned. "Alright you asked for it, but remember I'm like way better at this than you."

"Yes, but your angry. HA, your anger may get in the way."



Johanna was better than Dylan thought. She dodged many of his attacks, and even struck him once. Maybe she was right, was he just a little to 'put out' to practice? Martial Arts isn't about anger, it's about being centered and strong in your mind, not body. Thinking of this automatically calmed him.

He struck one last time. She didn't block in time, but of course he didn't hit her hard. He kept his contact in check.


Johanna laughed. She felt better now. Not quite so agitated, or rebellious. Maybe because she knew her butt would be kicked again if she kept stepping out.

"Hey Dylan, would you do me another favor? Teach me to drive. I haven't learned yet, and no one else is available. Besides, I think I would be less nervous with you teaching me."

"Sure, I can do that. Are you ready now?"

Johanna smiled brightly, "Yes. Totally, let's go."

Before long they two of them were in the truck for lesson one.



Brian gave in to his urge and stopped by Rachel's house. After Daphne had mentioned it, that's all he wanted to do. Though he only had a few minutes, he wanted her to be the last thing he saw before he left.

"I just came to bring you these." He popped out a bouquet of roses for her.

Rachel was shocked, and she showed it. She also blushed, getting to be just about the same color as the roses she was smelling. 'How sweet of him' she thought. She put the flowers to the side and put her hands on Brian's face.

"You're so sweet." She said quietly.

Brian thought that she was about to kiss him. 'No, that's not how it's supposed to go. I'm supposed to do that'. He felt his heart flutter again as he thought these words. 'Not to quick though'. He put his hands on her elbows and gently caressed her all the way up to her hands, and pulled them down but still held them.

"Well, you know. I try my best. I also came by to tell you that I have to go away for a few days. Nothing big, just a vacation. I wanted to see you before I left, and ask you," He paused. He felt like a teenager asking this question. "I wanted to make sure you would be here when I come back."

Rachel smiled making Brian's heart skip a beat again. She put her arms around his waist. "Oh I'll be here. Don't forget it. I want to see you as soon as you get back, too."

Brian said goodbye and walked out the door.


Due to his pit stop, Brian was late. The taxi was already at the house waiting for Dylan, Brian, James and Daphne to get in. Early in the day James had gotten a call for a free vacation. Johanna couldn't come because she was still a teen, but everyone else was invited. So Johanna was to be left alone for a couple of days.

As soon as Brian was back at the house, he got in the taxi and they drove away.

Johanna stood in the front yard and waved. When the car was out of sight, she stretched.

"Well. I have the house to myself huh?"


2 comments:

  1. Ooo, she's turned out to be handful! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh-oh... There's no telling what she's going to do now. I smell a party... Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete