Friday, February 1, 2013

Life is perfect - 5.13



Quite a few months have passed since I came back home.  Rylan gets bigger every day, he's almost crawling around! Just another month or so at best and he'll be all over the place. I'm so proud of our little man that I could burst. All that tummy time we gave him really paid off, he's up on his hands and knees all the time, rocking back and forth and smiling. Like he really wants to go somewhere but hasn't figured out to move his hands and knees properly yet. It's so cute to watch him, I could do it all day.

I've gotten back into the habit of doing my garden work every morning. Though I'm not sure how long that will last once I go back to work. I am kind of losing interest in it though, it takes my time away from my guys. So any plants that reach the end of production I will just recycle and not replant. Maybe when I retire, or have no baby to care for I'll start gardening again. For now though, I'll let it pass on.

I've been away from work since Rylan was born, they've given me all the time I wish actually and I'm just not ready to go back quite yet, but maybe soon. I just want the baby to be a bit older I guess. I keep thinking they are going to call me and ask when I am planning to come back. They never do thankfully.



Rosetta came in from the garden and she found David sitting in the living room reading, while Rylan sat in his swing. The baby was going in and out of consciousness as David stood and approached his wife. He had a look in his eyes that Rosetta had come to know well, but hadn't seen in a time. They twinkled in the light, reflecting his inner feelings without having to say a word. Rosetta felt her body heat just from his look. Her breath quickened. It had been a while since she felt his mood in this manner. The baby came when the two of them got back together, then after he was born it's not like she could just jump back into bed. She needed time to heal, for her body to rejuvenate.


When David wrapped his arms around her she nearly started peeling her clothes off right away. She restrained herself though and let him do what he would, even though any seduction was unnecessary. He kissed her lips tenderly, then trailed his kisses down her jawline. When he reached her neck she let out a pleasurable moan. She gasped lightly when she felt his teeth touch her skin, biting her gently. Her pulse quickened and her blood felt like it was boiling. She felt the tingling all the way down her spine. His muscles tightened under her fingers as she gripped his back, hugging him close. Rosetta felt like her knees were just about to give out when he scooped her up in his arms and carried her to the bedroom. It still amazed her how strong he really was.

Though her mind was mostly on one thing only, the mothering instinct kicked in quick. "What about the baby?"

David looked at her, she could nearly feel the heat coming off the fire burning in them, "I'm sure he'll be fine for a while. He's dozing in his swing - he'll be asleep soon."

She smiled as he lay her on the bed. The two of them made love twice, mostly because the first time didn't last long since it had been over a year.



Pretty soon they were celebrating Ryan's first birthday. They decided to keep it small, no party really just the family. Rylan hadn't been introduced to many people, and they didn't want to overwhelm him. The day after his birthday, while David went to the park to perform his magic for tips, Rosetta took little Rylan shopping for new clothes. He had grown out of most everything they had, except a pair or two of pants.

Rylan seemed happy to be fully clothed. He fell into a fit of giggles when his mommy popped a shirt over his head. She took it off and put it on again, just to hear him laugh. In between listening to his peels of laughter and struggling to get shoes on wiggling feet, Rosetta finally got Rylan dressed then she put him in his swing for a bit while she cleaned up the house.

David came home, from putting on a magic show for tips, while Rosetta had started to potty train the little toddler. Since the two of them were busy, David took it upon himself to start some dinner. He was just putting it on the stove when Rosetta walked in carrying Rylan.

"Hey you. I didn't hear you come in." She smiled warmly at David when he glance over his shoulder. "Thanks for starting dinner, I was just about to do that."

She set Rylan in his chair and brought out some homemade baby food for him to eat. Rylan had learned fast to eat solid food instead of a bottle. Rosetta watched as he grabbed handfuls of food in his little fists and shoved it in his mouth. She didn't mind the mess at all, she even found it kind of cute the way he ate.

"Oh, David what are are we going to do? He's getting so big, I don't want him to grow anymore. What happens when he gets older?"

David set the plate of finished hamburgers on the counter and walked over to his wife with a big smile. "That's when you have another one."

Rosetta returned the grin. "I hadn't thought of that."

He kissed her cheek. "We'll talk about that later. I'm going to run out to the store before they close tonight. Do you mind? I just want to get a few things."

Rosetta shook her head and glanced toward Rylan, "We don't mind. Come back soon though. We'll miss you." She kissed his lips and he left.


David was only gone a few hours before he returned with his purchases. As soon as he walked through the door, Rylan was there to greet him, begging to be picked up. His father was happy to oblige and bent down to scoop him up into his arms. David snuggled and kissed his boy.

"I bought you a few things! I got you some new stuffed animals and a rocking horse, you might be a little young for the horse as of yet, but you never know. I got you a magic wand too, so you can practice being like daddy if you want to." He waited for a moment, but when Rylan said nothing David chuckled. "We have to get you talking little man. Come on let's go have some lessons."

Setting Rylan on the floor, David scooped up the rocking horse and a bag of stuffed animals to take into the den for his son to play with. He was happy the rocking horse was already built, and didn't require any assembly. He sat on the floor and checked it out to make sure it was safe though, before he would let his son near it.

David felt a tug on his shirt and scooted around to face Rylan. It was then they started their speech lessons. Rylan seemed to want to learn, and picked up words quickly. Sometimes though he used them in the wrong context and it made David or Rosetta laugh. Gently they would correct him and tell him the word he was actually looking for. The toddler would always giggle and clap his hands then say, "Yes yes." There was never more than two corrections and he never messed up the same word again. Rylan was a very fast learner and always hungered for more.


A few weeks after Rylan's birthday I started having to get up in the night to empty my stomach. Also in the mornings I was always ill and could hardly hold my breakfast down. It didn't take me long to figure out I was pregnant again. This time though, I was prepared and unafraid. I've been through it once, and I can do it again. Not tough at all, and two babies won't be hard either. I mean Rylan is a joy, a perfect angel. He never gives me any trouble at all. I think he'd love to have a little brother or sister to play with too. I find myself excited about it, the thought of another child. We'll be the perfect family, two adults, two children. Maybe we can look into getting a dog or cat after this one is old enough.

I can't wait to tell David either. I'm sure he'll be thrilled too.

I was still in the bathroom when I heard Rylan fussing a little, and David coming to get him. Since the baby was taken care of, I brushed my teeth, and showered while I was in there. I stared at myself in the mirror for a minute and couldn't wipe the goofy smile off my face.



Rosetta came into the kitchen and sat down at the table, just looking at her husband. He was eating pancakes, his favorite, as was Rylan. David had cut the baby's up real small and put only a small amount of syrup on it. The boy seemed delighted with the meal, it being the first time he'd had pancakes.

David finally noted that he was being stared at and turned a questioning eye at Rosetta. "Do I have something on my face?" He rubbed his cheeks and forehead.

Giggling, his wife shook her head no. He nodded and went to take another bite of his breakfast when she said, "I'm pregnant honey."

He nearly choked on that last bite. David forced himself to swallow before coughing twice. Fast as a fox he was on his feet and pulling her to her own. "Are you serious? That's awesome!" David hugged her tight and then pulled back to look at her. "I hope it's a girl. We've got a little me crawling around, I want a little you too!"

Rosetta was smiling again. She was glad to see that she was right in her assumption about his reaction. "Speaking of the little you. I hope he takes to this okay. Having another baby around. What do you think?"

"Oh I think he'll do splendidly. He'll have a playmate are you kidding? Not to mention a sibling to torture. Someone to pinch or wrestle and argue with."

"Just promise me something." Rosetta said as she grinned at him, "No more shopping okay? We won't need anything new, we can just use what Rylan has. Two babies isn't going to be much different than just one."

"Ahh." David looked like he was having a hard time making that promise, but he laughed. "Ahh... okay, okay. But if it's a girl she'll need some pink things! All the things he has are boy colors!"

Rosetta rolled her eyes and chuckled.

"I feel really bad now that I have to go out and practice my magic! I want to stay with you and rub your belly!"


Over the next few weeks David made good on his promise and had not bought anything new. He went to the park nearly every day to practice his act and earn some money doing it. Every week he would get at least one gig and performed admirably.

Rosetta had been trying to teach Rylan to walk on his own for the last week. He seemed to be potty trained completely already, which thrilled both parents, and was talking just fine. The only thing left that he really needed to work on was his balance. During one of their lessons Rosetta suddenly had to use the bathroom. She stood and rubbed her stomach for a second remembering why she had to pee so frequently. She smiled to herself as she left Rylan, "Be right back baby, and we'll keep trying."

She left the bathroom door open so she could keep an eye or ear out for the baby. It always made her nervous when she didn't know exactly what was going on with him.

Rosetta glanced out of the door just before she got down to business and saw something that made her heart sing. Rylan was walking all on his own. She had never been so proud of him. She stood and watched him for a moment as he practiced, not wanting him to know she had seen him. She feared that he would stop if he knew her eyes were on him. The urge hit her again and she had to stop watching him to finally use the toilet.


When she finished she pulled out her phone and called David. She spilled the news just as soon as he picked up. She didn't want to keep him so she made the conversation short. It wasn't but just a moment after she hung up with him when she realized how odd it actually was for him to have answered. Normally he wouldn't when he was doing an act for tips. She thought it strange, but dismissed it and went back to watching Rylan. He had stopped walking and was playing with his xylophone by that time though.

Only five minutes later David came through the front door. "I have some news dear. I think you  might like it. Lets sit down in the den and chat."

She embraced him and agreed to do as he said. It was a surprise for him to be home so early, and she delighted in the small curveball. David walked with his arm on her waist when they sat he threw his arm over her shoulder and leaned in close.

"So. I'm going to admit that I didn't work today." He said, looking at her. She raised an eyebrow but waited for him to continue. He smiled wide. "I went to a contractor. I've hired someone to build a second story on our house. They are also going to pave the driveway and walkway."

Rosetta was wide eyed. This was something she hadn't expected at all. It was possibly even the farthest thing from her mind. "Wow. Wow. Yeah. How much is that going to be?"

David waved his hand in a dismissive manner. "Ahh, no big deal. We still have a good amount of money from selling most of the wedding gifts we were given. The crappy or pointless ones anyway."

"Well in that case - that's great. I'm so glad you thought of that. Rylan will need his own room soon, he'll be too big to keep sleeping with us."

"They start tomorrow." David tacked on.

Her eyes widened again, but then she laughed. "Okay, that's fine. Oh, this is exciting. We haven't made any changes to the house in a while."


Outside view
First floor
Second floor

During the construction, which took a few months, David would go to work for tips at the park, and fulfill his weekly gig while Rosetta and Rylan would either come with him, or spend the majority of the day with Sonia. Rylan adored his Auntie Sonia and delighted in her company each time they visited.

Rosetta and Sonia often watched a movie together while Rylan played on the floor. Sometimes he would even watch the TV as well. He always brought a toy or two with him though, to keep him occupied.

"So, Rosetta hon you look like you're gaining a bit of weight." Sonia smiled and winked at her best friend. "You must be settled in and happy."

Rosetta gasped with surprise, it had just hit her that she hadn't told Sonia yet that she was expecting.

"What? Did I offend you. I'm sorry I thought girlfriends were supposed to do that." Sonia said, shocked at the reaction she had gotten from her lighthearted fun poking.

"Oh no no. It's not that." Rosetta grinned. "I'm pregnant. I just... forgot to tell you."

"What?! How could you forget to tell me such a thing?" Sonia was shocked. "How far along are you? I mean obviously you're showing now, so you must be what...?"

Laughing, Rosetta continued. "I guess with the construction and all, I've just had my mind on that. Sorry, but yeah I forgot. Yes, I think I'm about halfway through, actually maybe more. David and I are both just ecstatic over it. That's was the main reason behind getting the second story actually. So Rylan and his brother or sister could have their own rooms. Um. Excuse me, I have to use the bathroom."

Sonia laughed and said 'okay' while Rosetta walked by. She scooped up Rylan and tickled him, "I hear you're going to have a sister or brother! Are you excited? I know I am for you. You're going to love having another kid around."

Rylan said "Brother, I want boy. Mommy told me 'bout baby." He scrunched up his face a little. "Better be boy like me, share my toys. Daddy said girl baby like pink. I don't like pink."

Sonia laughed. "Oh. Well some girls like pink. I don't myself. My favorite color is black so see, not all girls do."

Rosetta came out then and deemed that it was time to head back home. "Thanks for letting us use you during the day by the way. It's nice to get away from the noises, but not have to go all the way to the park. Especially if it's hot out. I don't know he does it. I'm thankful for the shelter." She hugged Sonia.

"Oh no problem. I'm happy to have you here. You give me company, Rylan is such a joy. Well I guess I'll see you tomorrow."

"They'll be finished with the house by the end of the week, so I won't be in your hair but a few more days. I think they are just painting now, and putting up moulding or something."

The two girls said goodbye and Rylan waved his chubby hand at Sonia. "Bye auntie!" He said.



The construction finished just as Rosetta had predicted. She figured she'd have to dust nearly every day for a week or more to keep the remnants of construction to a minimum. There seemed to be white grit everywhere. David helped cleanup everything he could, paint spots or what ever he might run across during daily life.

They had tons of room now, but that made Rosetta realize that they didn't have enough stuff to fill it up. That was okay with her, as she figured they would start filling in the empty spaces soon enough. As of now their bank account was nearly down to double digits, so they couldn't get anything right away.

One morning Rosetta just couldn't sleep anymore. She felt like her nerves were just doing everything they could to jump out of her skin. She got out of the bed and checked Rylan. He was still sound asleep so she decided to take a bath. David must have gotten out early to do his magic act and didn't wake her. Rosetta spent about an hour in the bathtub, just soaking. She wished that she had had some bubbles but they were out. Finally feeling relaxed, she stepped out of the tub, dried off and dressed.

When she came out of the bathroom Rylan was awake and sitting up in his crib. "Momma! Morgin momma!"

Rosetta chuckled. "Morning to you too my sweet boy. Did you sleep well?"

"Yes momma. Dreamed of an owl! It was big and white, eyes like plates!"

She made the bed before getting Rylan out of bed and he watched her every move.

"Momma clean. Rylan help?"

"Oh, that's okay honey, I got it. Let's go get you some breakfast! How's that sound? What would you like?"

"Chocolate cake!"

Rosetta laughed. "I don't think so little man, how about oatmeal?"

Rylan screwed up his face in disgust for a second, but something made him change his mind. He smiled and nodded eagerly.


She carried Rylan down the stairs and set him in his highchair. She got his oatmeal ready and gave it to him with a spoon. He didn't use the spoon. Rosetta smiled at him, "You'll have to start using a spoon eventually you know."

Rylan smiled a wet oatmeal smile and reached down for another bite. "Fun momma, fun." He said.

"Yeah I know. You like making a mess." She was grinning at him. When she turned around she saw David coming in the room. Her grin turned to a warm smile. "Hey honey, I was wondering where you were off to."

"Oh I was just out in the garden. You don't have to do it today, it's taken care of. So no bending over or squatting needed." He reached out and put a hand to her stomach. "No offense dear but you look like you're about to pop. Isn't the due date soon?"

She smiled and nodded. "Yes, just a week and a half away. I'm ready for it though. My nerves are shot, and I don't know how much longer I can handle this back pain. It's worse this time than when I was carrying Rylan in there."

David looked at her with concern. "I'm sorry honey, I wish I could help. Even my magic massages don't seem to help ease the pain for you. Why don't you go sit down and relax while I tend to your first born."

Rosetta hugged him tightly. "That sounds good. I'll be in the den if you need me okay?"


She left the room and David went to the highchair where Rylan had finished sucking down his breakfast. "Eww. Oatmeal boy. Let's get you cleaned up and out of this chair."

Rylan giggled as his daddy wiped his face and hands with a warm cloth. "Fun mess daddy! Ticky mess! Peek-a-boo?"

David smiled. He loved the fact that a topic change could happen in an instant with his son. It went from one thing to another so fast that he could make any ones head spin. "Sure sure, peek-a-boo it is. Come on kid." He pulled Rylan out and set him right there on the floor, sitting down cross legged with him.

Games with his daddy were always a delight for Rylan. He would burst into a fit of laughter and clap his hands whenever he was surprised by Davids face appearing from behind his big hands. His father would then smile wide and clap with the baby. David was such a kid himself in so many ways that he seemed to know exactly how to make his little one smile, or laugh. It seemed to come so natural to him. David loved the sound of his child laughing so much that it had become his goal in life - to hear that sound every day. He had not been let down yet.

During one of the laughter fits from the young one, David heard Rosetta in the other room. "David. I'm having contractions. I just know it."

She came waddling around to the kitchen archway, she had just arrived when the floor was suddenly wet. "Oh, that'd be my water breaking. It's time." She smiled at her family, which was about to get just a little bit bigger. "Rylan, your little brother or sister is on the way. Let's go to the hospital to get taken care of okay?"

"Okey mommy. Sorry daddy, no more peek-a-boo. Later?" Rylan asked. He watched his daddy smile, but keep his eyes on his momma while he picked him up off the floor. Everyone headed outside. They took the limo to the ER this time, instead of having David drive.






To be continued...

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this was so much fun! Love seeing David (such a kid himself as you say) play with his son, Rylan is so sweet. Can't wait to see what the new baby is, thanks for sharing this chapter :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gaaah! You would end it just there, wouldn't you? xD!!! What a perfect little family. I just love them and I'm very happy they'd managed to heal so well after such a difficult year.

    Chocolate cake? I like the way the boy thinks. :D Can't wait to find out what the new baby will be. Of course, either gender will be wonderful.

    Lovely update, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rylan makes my heart melt <3 I hope his little sibling is just as cute. I know David is hoping for a baby girl, but I agree with Rylan. Baby boy! I have so many girls in my game, it's always refreshing to see a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Auntie Sonia<3 I love it <3 His so adorable. I loved the pics of them with the baby. I loved how you ended the update lol very exciting. Can't believe shes having another one and cannot wait to see what it is.

    ReplyDelete