Friday, September 28, 2012

Troubled Coworker - Ch. 1.4

** Writers note: Sorry I'm late!!! Oh, and I just want to apologize for the dark pictures. I try to lighten them a bit normally, but didn't get these done before loosing my PC. Sorry! Also, with the new expansion, the full moon nights are VERY dark, there are a few pics that I've had to edit because of that - and they look a little weird, but I tried lol. I'll just try avoiding outdoor pictures on full moons. **
 
 

I've been saving my money to upgrade the house. It's been good couple of months, promotions have helped me along the way, I had saved up quite a bit. Most of the money I put into a new living room set, and wall covering. I did the kitchen as well, the wallpaper and a new dining table. I got a bigger size, although I don't see having that many people over, but you never know. I bought some curtains for every room too. It's definitely starting to feel more like a home to me. Now I just need to expand my bedroom. I'm starting to feel a bit cluttered in there.

Well, most of my days I spend working, or studying something, but I do get to go out sometimes. Mostly out fishing, but I have become a regular at the local diner too. I go there frequently after work, and for lunch on my off days. Sometimes I go with a friend or two, but mostly by myself. I came to realise the other day that there are more guys in this town than girls. At least it seems that way to me.


"That's a nice big one." Velina said from the bench.

Rosetta started. She had been so wrapped up in her own thoughts as she waited for a bite, that she hadn't seen her coworker arrive.

Velina laughed lightly at the look of shock on Rosetta's face. "Sorry to interrupt your mind."

Rosetta noted that Velina's eyes looked a little glossy, it appeared that she had been crying. Or maybe trying not to. Rosetta walked over to the bench and asked to sit down.

"Sure, if you've got nothing better to do."

Ignoring the snide comment, Rosetta smiled a little at Velina. "What brings you here? You're so far from home."


Velina looked down at her lap. It was then that Rosetta realized that her coworker was wearing what appeared to be a wedding dress. Her eyes opened wide. "What a lovely gown Velina. What's the occasion?"

"Oh. It's our anniversary, mine and Logan's." She replied sadly.

Rosetta hesitated to get into this woman's life any further. Velina was never what someone would call 'friendly' toward Rosetta, she was always a pretty sarcastic, stuck up witch. Looking into her face though, Rosetta couldn't help it.

"So this is a bad thing? I'm sorry you're having such a bad day when it's supposed to be a good one. What's with the misty eyes?"

Velina looked like she was about to snap at the woman for invading her privacy, but suddenly that look faded and was replaced with defeat. "You might think this silly, or not worth the grief I appear to be putting out."

"Velina, if it's meaningful to you, it's not silly."


"Well. It's just," Velina screwed up her face in a twisted type of frown, "Logan cut his hair." She hesitated just a moment before saying, "No, he didn't just cut it. He completely shaved it off. I have always loved his hair, then he goes and shaves it off. Why would he do that? After he got off work, he and I were supposed to meet at the Bistro for a nice dinner, but when he arrived looking like he did, I just couldn't. I hate it so much. I left him there and came here. He'd never look for me here. As you said it's 'so far from home'. I just hate it. I want to smack him for it, but it's his hair I guess he can do what he wants."

Rosetta waited until she was sure Velina was done talking, or venting as the case may be, before putting in her two cents. "Well, Velina, you have the right to be upset. I get that. I would probably do the same thing, and think the same things. Then you have to remember though, that's it's just hair. It will grow back. It might take a while, but before you know it he'll have it back the way it was. Or maybe not, maybe he'll find a new hairstyle that he likes, and you'll like it too. Either way you will get used to it. I promise. If you love him, then you love him all the way. Right?"

Velina smiled a little. "Yeah, I guess so. As much as I hate to admit it,  you're probably right."
 

That evening I went to one of the local pools for a swim. I had gotten out of the pool and was lounging in the chairs when I saw David approaching. Suddenly I felt a wee bit uncomfortable being so... exposed in his presence. I stood up to greet him, but before I knew it, he jumped into the pool and asked me to come in with him. I was basically dry, and ready to leave, but I joined him anyway not wanting to be rude. He told me that he often comes at night for a moonlight swim.


We did have a lot of fun that night, him and I. We splashed each other and played marco polo, we did contests with each other too. Mostly he won, but I beat him a couple of times with holding our breath. It was so nice to see him smile. Weird to see someone swimming in seemingly formal clothing, but he's always been a little crazy like that. That's one thing I like about him. He's so not 'vanilla' as they call it.

Eventually I had to go though, I couldn't stay there all night with him, I had to work. I told him so and he told me that I better get home and get some rest. I might be crazy but I think I felt him watching me as I got out of the pool and dried myself off. I wondered if he might be harboring feelings for me that he won't voice. Maybe he's just nervous to let someone in, not much different than myself.


The next day after her shift was over at the Science lab, Rosetta thought she might visit Micks Master Karaoke for a while. A drink my help settle her nerves after a stressful day at work. Her boss was getting on her about rushing the experiment that they were working on, not wanting to spend much more money on it. She had tried to tell him that science can not be sped along, especially when it involved chemistry, but of course he didn't listen.

She hadn't gotten through the door yet though when a man  named Simon introduced himself. He started talking to her, and she to him. She couldn't help but find him attractive, and actually smiled to herself when she started to picture him without so many clothes on. Her mind drifted to how long it had been she she'd been in the company of a man for that reason. A while. Longer than she liked to admit.

"Rosetta? How about it?"


"Oh yeah, sure, dinner. The diner? Great. I'll buy." She stammered, she hadn't been paying much attention, but her mind had absorbed that he had just asked if she would join him for a meal.

"Oh, no way. It's on me. After all, I'm the one who invited you." Simon said with a wink.

Simon got his car and pulled it around for her to get in. Rosetta's jaw nearly dropped. She knew that he was probably well off, just by his clothes, but with that car he must be rolling in it. Then she smiled inwardly at the whole 'compensation' thing that expensive cars like that stand for.

The two of them enjoyed each others company over dinner, Rosetta half expected Simon to hit on her, or suggest they do something afterward, but he didn't. The food brought out was a little on the cold side, and that made Simon pretty upset. The fact that the order was also wrong didn't help the situation. When they were done Simon told Rosetta to go ahead out, that he wanted to speak with the manager.



Rosetta left the diner wondering what Simon was going to do. When she left she ran into a guy, nearly making her fall over. She hadn't been watching where she was going, due to thinking about dinner. She turned to the man and apologized.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to."

"Oh, don't worry, you didn't hurt me. I hope you didn't hurt yourself either. Ms...?"

Rosetta shook her head, "Rosetta, Rose. I really am sorry, no I'm not hurt. Thank you."

"Well Rose, nice to meet you. I'm Logan. I guess you just came out of here, how was your dinner?"

Rosetta looked up at the mention of his name. She noted his lack of hair, and figured that this was Velina's husband.

"Um, actually it wasn't that good, but whatever. Normally it is. They must have someone new in the kitchen or something." Rosetta noticed Simon coming out of the restaurant. "Logan, it was great to meet you. I've heard about you from Velina, at work. Anyway, I have to go now. Maybe we'll meet again. Goodnight."

Logan smiled at her as she walked away, "Sure, goodnight."


"Well, how'd it go?" Rosetta asked.

"You didn't have to wait for me, you could have gone home." Simon said. "It went okay though, I just wanted to let them know that something wasn't right is all. No big deal. I have to be off now, it was fun Rosetta." Simon hugged her in a friendly way and turned to leave. "Have a great night."

Rosetta nodded, "You too. See you again sometime." She called a taxi and headed for her house, it was getting pretty late and she had to work in the morning, though it was only for half a day. She was just going to finish up that job she'd been working on, then leave for the rest of the afternoon. Rosetta had made plans with Sonia to go swimming.

As she was riding home her thoughts drifted to Nicholas. It had been a while since she'd seen him and she actually found herself missing him. Not enough to call him or go visit though. Just enough to remind her of his spot in her subconscious.




To be continued...

3 comments:

  1. Just loved him swimming in his tux..that's so echt "David Fuller" lol I'm a little confused, though, which guy is Simon? The guy with the hat and the little thing on his chin? Or the guy with blond/red hair? Also Velina said Logan completely shaved it off but in the photos at the bottom, it just looks like it's short and he's wearing a hat. Wow, what's with Velina being so mean to Rosetta? I don't remember her being quite that unfriendly before, but it wouldn't be the first time my memory lapsed that's for sure :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Velina...*sigh* Someone might remind the dear that Logan's her husband, the man she'd married, with whom she has two beautiful children. And she's shedding tears over his hair..or lack thereof? Oh well, I'll suppose she can't help herself then. xD!! I'd hate to think how Logan might feel about that if he knew.

    I see there's a new man in the mix. Nicholas, David, now Simon..seems our lovely Rose is starting a collection. xD!!! Good for her, I say. She's a young lady and I think she ought to be exploring her options for the time. I will say, it adds to the mystery of which one will be the one for her..one of the three, or perhaps an entirely different man?

    I'm happy to see you're on again, MSG. Looking forward to more! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny that she was crying because of Logan's hair. Maybe it was because he didn't talk to her about it.

    The guy seems nice. But i am team David all the way lol XD

    Great update. Glad your writing again :) Can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete