Wednesday, January 18, 2012

GEN IV: Chapter 26: Part II

As Carla stared upward she heard a gasp behind her, followed directly by a loud statement.

"Carla, are you kidding me?" Dylan said to her, he then covered his face with his hands. Trying to speak through the tears he could feel coming he asked, "Why wouldn't you tell us Carla? How long has she been gone?"

Carla was shocked, she thought he had left or had at least been to far away to hear what she had said. "Oh no. Uncle Dylan, please. I'm sorry I didn't tell. I wasn't sure how, also Rachel's passing tore Uncle Brian to bits. I didn't think I could bring more bad news to him.
She stepped up to him and begged him to forgive her.

"What happened? I mean.. how?" Was all Dylan could say.

Carla slumped her shoulders. "Um. A few weeks ago, mom went to the local pool, and well." Carla sobbed. "She and her friend had a contest to see who could hold their breath longer." She stopped for a moment to try and keep her breath steady. "Mom never came back up. According to the doctors, she must have inhaled while she was down there or something, her lungs were full of water. She drown."

At that last word, Carla couldn't keep her composure any longer and she collapsed onto Dylan's shoulder.
After she had cried for a minute she pulled away and apologized.

"It's absolutely fine Carla, no problem. I understand. You really should have told us, I still don't get why you didn't. I mean I get what you said, but I just don't know why you would think that you should have kept it to yourself." Dylan looked at her, "Is there something else?"

"Please, please don't say anything to anyone else. I think I should do that. You are right, I was wrong to try and hide it. I just," Carla looked at her feet. "I didn't want to be taken away. I'm just a teenager, and my only parent just died."

"Oh!" Dylan understood. "Oh, Carla. Did you really think we would let that happen? Come on now, I would have gladly had you come live with me, without a problem. Brian would offer the same, and you should know that."

"I do, but I did not want to inconvenience anybody. I love you all, and I can manage on my own. I have for this long, and pretty soon I'll be old enough to be on my own anyway. Actually I should go now, I love you Uncle Dylan, and I'm glad you know now. It is easier to talk about it, and I promise I will tell Brian soon. Not tonight though and I beg of you the same. I'll tell him tomorrow."

Dylan hugged Carla tightly. "I'm so sorry about your mom Carla. Get your rest tonight, We'll talk tomorrow. You are more than welcome to come to my house to stay. I'm gonna stay here a bit, with your mom."

Carla said goodbye and left. She walked to the end of the road and then got a taxi back to her house.
Carla walked into the silent house that she used to call home. It didn't feel so homey anymore, since her mother was no longer around, but it was the only place she knew. She did realise that she would be leaving it soon, and that was okay with her.

She made her dinner, which Carla had done for many nights now. After she had eater her bland Macaroni and Cheese, she washed the dishes. Cleaning up her mess right away, always made it easier to keep the house tidy.

Just as she was walking through the living room to get to her bathroom, the doorbell rang.
Johanna considered not answering it for a moment before she noted that she was standing just in front of the window, with the woman looking in at her.

"Crap." Carla muttered as she walked to the door.

"Hello I'm Inspector Morris." The woman said. "I'm here to ask you a few questions about a robbery. The house just across from you was broken into last night, and I want to know if you saw anything."

"No, no I don't know anything. I did not see anything unusual last night." Carla said.

Okay, thank you. Is there anyone else in the house that I may interview?"

Carla nodded her head. "Yeah, my Mom, but she's in bed already and I am not waking her up for this."

Carla lied, but she just knew that if she had told the truth, then she would have been taken away that instant, giving her no time to talk to Brian and Dylan again. Her gaze shifted over the investigators shoulder and she spotted paparazzi coming this way. She rolled her eyes and instantly wanted to duck inside.

"Okay well, as I said, I don't know what you're talking about. So have a good night Inspector Morris."

"Alright, well if you do see anything, or remember anything, you give me a call." The inspector gave Carla a business card. "Have a nice night young lady."

Carla nodded. "Yeah, sure I will. Bye."

When the woman was gone, Carla went back to her routine. She was shaken slightly by the investigator's appearance. For a moment, Carla thought she might have been there to take her away because the cops had found out that she has no guardian.

Carla showered and changed into her pajamas. She set her alarm for school the next day and crawled into bed. Before she fell asleep she cried again over the loss of her mother whom she missed her dearly. Some of her tears were also dedicated to Dylan and Brian, she felt bad for not telling them right away. After all, they were all family and she should have known better.

Eventually she fell into a sleep full of pleasant dreams, dreams consisting of herself and her mother just hanging out together. 




To be continued...

6 comments:

  1. Aww, poor Carla. I hate it when a Sim that young has to be on their own. Did it really happen that way? I mean, Johanna just went down and never came up? :( So sad. In TS2 you have to remove all steps for them to drown and then it takes quite a while. Until they tire out I guess. I feel so bad that we never got to see Johanna for a long while there and then just now learn she is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Carla. Hope she tells everyone soon though. She shouldn't be going through that alone. So you killed the mom by drowning her for real? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's just so torn apart and frightened. This breaks my heart. But it's understandable why she'd keep it to herself..just so difficult for such a young girl. Not knowing what could happen and how much pain it'd cause her family. I wish I could adopt her. :/ Oh Jo... It's so unfair. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel for Carla, but at least she's going to tell the rest of the family tomorrow. Hopefully things will get better for her from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've received the Versatile Blogger Award! :) Check it out on my blog: http://sims2loriland.blogspot.com/2012/02/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the award sweetie! Thanks so much. I will have to wait in passing it on for now - just now getting going again on the story lol
    That and I do not know if I can pull 15 blogs out of my list to say that I read! I think I only ready 5 anymore.

    ReplyDelete