Thursday, September 15, 2011

GEN IV: Chapter 12

One morning Brian made breakfast for the family and told them that he'd be visiting Johanna on the way to one of his cases. It was really early in the morning, but Johanna asked that he come babysit for about two hours while she ran out for an errand.

Brian was at Johanna's before the sun even touched her doorstep. Carla had grown quite a bit since the last time he visited. Johanna left pretty quickly to do what she needed to do.

"I shouldn't be too long, thanks for doing this Brian. I know it's early." She said as she walked out the door.

Brian and Carla spent the sunrise together playing and giggling. He attacked her with the claw and tossed her in the air delighting in her laughter. He couldn't wait until Logan was this age, which would be soon, and he missed Jennifer being this little.

Johanna was back in about an hour and a half as promised so Brian said goodbye and went home to pick up his little man. While he was playing with Carla he decided to take Logan with him on his investigation this time.

First stop was a graveyard. Quite an interesting place to bring an infant, at least it was daylight - not so scary. He was on a search for any proof of wrongdoing. He did find something, a thread or two stuck on the fence. The next step was to take the evidence to the Science facility to get it analyzed.

Finally, back to the graveyard for a stakeout. With Logan laying just under Brian, he hid as far in the bushes as he could and waited. Logan giggled at the leaves of his daddy's camouflage.

It wasn't long before two suspicious characters gather in front of him and begin to whisper. Brian could hear nothing being said between them, but the papers passed from one to the other was not missed. That was all the proof he needed. After going to the police station to turn in his information, after which he and Logan went home.

Logan had such a big day that he fell alseep on the ride home and Brian placed him in his bed as soon as they arrived at the house. Brian watched his little boy sleep for a few mintues.

Then something came over him.

Brian wrote a note to Rachel and left the house.

It was two days before Brian returned home. As soon as he walked in he was greeted by Rachel.

"What are you wearing?" She said. Her happiness to see him was overtaken by shock of his new 'outfit'.

"New clothes, do you like them? Listen," Brian started, "I did it, get ready.. honey we're moving. I bought a new house."

Rachel looked at her husband.

"I bought a new car too, but it won't be delivered for a few days."

Still unblinking, Rachel started to speak. "What? What do you mean? Moving? You have got to be kidding. If you think you're just going to uproot our family, you must be nuts. Are you going through a midlife crisis or something? A new car, that's fine - but a new house? Thats a little ridiculous isn't it?"
"Oh come on. It's not that big of a deal, let me explain. The house I got is a little smaller than this one. When my family moved here I actually didn't like it much. Our family was large at the time too. Now it's not. Look at this place - it's just the four of us, we don't need so much space. You know, I see you running around here working and cleaning all the time. Don't you realise that if we were in a smaller house you probably wouldn't be so busy." Brian paused. "We need a change."

Rachel sighed. "I'm not going to disagree with you. We do need a change, and this place is a little big for us. But honey it's your family home."

"Oh no it's not. My family home is left back in Twinbrook. At least I hope it's still there. What I mean is, this place never really seemed like 'home' to me much so it doesn't bother me to much to leave it."

"Okay Brian, I can see you really mean this. We'll move. I'll get packing after work. I have to leave though."

"About the car..." Brian started.

"I don't have time, I gotta run. We'll talk about it later."

As Rachel walked out Brian called behind her, "Don't worry about packing, I'll call you at work with the address to our new house. The movers will be here in about an hour."

With Rachel at work and Jennifer in school, Brian decided to go ahead and leave. He went in and packed a good diaper bag then got Logan up and left the house. He had called a limo to pick them up as opposed to drive himself. Drivers would be picking up the family's cars and driving them over later.

Brian and Logan pulled up to the new house and got out of the car. Brian stood holding Logan and looked at it. It was great, very nice. He loved the little area where it was located, not in the distant country anymore but closer to town. One of the best parts was that Dylan lived right next door.

Time to unpack and get settled.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Generation 4 Fuller Home (click to view home) - Pictures on my House blog, you can see how it's laid out and rearranged if you want to! I hope you like it.

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear it seems Brian could be going through a mid life crisis. lol Poor Rachel seems happy where they are now though.
    I love the look of the home their down-sizing too. Very sweet!

    Cute shots of Brian and Carla. I laughed at Brian doing the claw, lol! Makes me think of Jim Carrey! ;)

    This is a delightful story, oh and I've added you to my blog list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I always think about Jim Carrey too when I do that. It is a cute action.

    Thank you for adding me! I appreciate it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian, are you daft? Taking Logan on a stakeout, wait until Rachel finds out. Carla is so cute and loved seeing Brian play with her. "The claw" must be something only on TS3 :D Does Dylan being right next door mean that he'll still be in this pretty regular? Hope so! Great update :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. O_O Has Brian snapped? A car AND a house? Without even consulting his wife? Wow, sounds like an early midlife crisis to me!

    ReplyDelete